Can Xenical Help Control Diabetes and Improve ED?
Managing weight and diabetes with Xenical may help to improve erectile dysfunction (ED) symptoms.
Products like Xenical help people to lose and maintain their weight, which is key to managing conditions like diabetes. Recent research draws a direct link to obesity management medications like Xenical and patient management of diabetes. Managing weight and diabetes can help men living with erectile dysfunction (ED) to reduce their symptoms.
This article provides an overview of the relationship between products like Xenical and ED. Read ahead to learn more about Xenical and diabetes management as well as reducing ED.
What is Xenical?
Xenical, also known as orlistat, is a medication used primarily for weight loss. It works by blocking the body’s absorption of fat during the digestion process. This type of medication is commonly referred to as a “fat blocker.”
Xenical should be provided as one component of a treatment plan for weight loss or weight management. This means that patients should incorporate Xenical into a holistic plan, including diet, exercise, and medication management. This drug is usually taken three times per day, with meals for best results.
Eligibility to take the drug depends on a patient’s weight and medical history.
What Does the Research Say About Weight Loss with Xenical?
A recent research study revealed that orlistat (Xenical) can help people to manage diabetes. Those taking the drug experienced reduced cholesterol and blood pressure. The drug also aided in the study participants’ weight loss.
Research is currently limited on the connection between Xenical and diabetes management, but this recent study is promising. However, research on orlistat has consistently shown the drug to be safe and effective at helping obese patients to lose and maintain weight. Additional research has consistently demonstrated that this drug works best when combined with a diet and exercise regimen.
Diabetes and ED
Chronic disease management is essential to preventing or reducing ED symptoms. Research consistently shows that men who have diabetes are significantly more likely to experience ED than men who do not. Diabetes causes circulatory issues that impact the body’s ability to properly pump blood to the penis for an erection.
Men currently living with diabetes can reduce their ED symptoms by managing their weight. They may also wish to discuss their current medications with their medical provider. Most diabetes medications are safe to take with prescription lifestyle medications such as Viagra.
How Can I Manage Both ED and Diabetes?
Researchers and medical providers recommend combined treatment approaches to treat both ED and diabetes. Both diabetes and ED are complex conditions, requiring special consideration of mental and emotional health, physiology, and lifestyle. Combining safe and effective medication with lifestyle changes is the best way to manage these conditions.
Many of the lifestyle factors that affect diabetes management also affect ED risk and symptoms. Lifestyle considerations for managing diabetes may include:
- Creating a meal plan. Enjoying nutritious meals that balance fruits, vegetables, protein, grains, carbohydrates, fiber, and fats can help men to maintain weight. A balanced meal can also help to control blood sugar. Men may wish to work with a medical provider or dietitian to create the best meal plan for their lifestyle and diabetes management plan.
- Reducing sugar-added beverage intake. Sugar-sweetened foods and beverages can cause spikes in blood sugar. They can also lead to weight gain when consumed consistently in excess.
- Reducing alcohol intake. Men living with diabetes should carefully manage their alcohol intake, as it can severely impact blood sugar levels. Moderate drinking is typically fine if blood sugar is stable.
- Increasing physical activity. Regular physical activity can help the body use insulin more efficiently. It also helps with weight loss and weight management.
- Managing stress and mental health. Effective management of stress and mental health has been shown to help people living with type 2 diabetes to better manage their condition long-term.
- Checking blood sugar regularly. Men living with diabetes will benefit from consistently checking and staying on top of their blood sugar levels.
- Managing prescription medications. It is important for men living with diabetes to carefully manage their medication storage, dosage, and timing. Additional medications may interfere with diabetes management. Men should speak with their doctor if they need assistance in managing their medications.
Effectively managing diabetes and losing or maintaining weight will also improve erectile health. Changes to diet, physical activity, and stress management are effective methods for preventing and reducing ED symptoms. Men should always speak with a medical provider prior to making drastic changes to their lifestyle or medication use.
What are the Precautions When Taking Xenical?
Patients should pay close attention to their diet while taking Xenical. This drug should be taken with a calorie-deficit meal plan. Patients must also avoid foods that are high in fat while taking the drug to avoid adverse digestive side effects.
People can only take Xenical if they have a prescription from a medical provider. Patients should never share their prescription with a family member or a friend. Xenical is only available for adults.
Xenical cannot be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. This drug is not safe for people with digestive disorders, people who have had an organ transplant, or anyone living with gallbladder issues. People who are not overweight or obese should not use the drug.
Can You Take Xenical with ED Medications?
Xenical is safe to use with most medications. Certain medications for chronic conditions and specific medications, like levothyroxine and cyclosporine, may interfere with the drug. Prescription lifestyle medications for ED are not currently listed on the caution list for Xenical.
Oral medications, such as Viagra, have been well researched for their use in treating ED. These drugs work by increasing blood flow to the penis. They have been thoroughly studied and demonstrated effective in approximately 70 percent of men living with ED.
Accessing safe and effective prescription lifestyle medication is easier than ever, thanks to our online services like eDrugstore.com. Men can schedule a telehealth appointment and choose from a variety of trusted medications online. Learn more about erectile dysfunction medications by visiting eDrugstore.com today.