When you hear about the “good ol’ days,” you have to wonder if they were that good. The men made the money and the women stayed home to raise the children. Everything in life was predetermined.
In the old days, your identify crisis started at age 40
Back then, most 25 year old women were married with at least one child. Women were expected to devote their lives to cooking, cleaning, and children. Many people experienced a mid-life crisis around age 40. Men bought fancy sports cars and had affairs. Women struggled with empty nest syndrome. What was a woman to do without children to take care of?
Today, age 40 is just the beginning of your life
Things have definitely changed since then. 40-year-old women are still young, vibrant, and sexy. In fact, many older women are dating younger men. This is a great age because you’re mature and wise, but still young enough to have fun. Plus, women over 40 often have a newfound sense of self-confidence that can be very empowering.
Why have things changed so much?
Advances in science and technology allow older women to look more youthful and feel more energetic. We also know more about healthy lifestyle choices, including diet and exercise.
Women don’t have to rush into marriage and pregnancy at age 25. Modern couples often wait until age 30 or 40 to marry and start a family. This can be a positive change because it ensures that couples are ready for children.
In general, people are living longer and healthier lives. But there are even more ways to create the best sex, love, and life in your 40s. Here are 7 great tips you can use throughout your journey.
1. Don’t stop looking for your soul mate. You can still flirt like a 20-year-old, but you’ll have the wisdom that comes with maturity.
2. Add a little spice to your relationship. You’re never too old to be spontaneous and fun. Create a romantic environment and reignite those sparks.
3. Give yourself a makeover. Donate some of your old clothes and buy new, fashionable items that make you feel good.
4. Start a new career. You don’t want to be stuck with a job you hate until retirement. New opportunities can be fun and exciting.
5. Schedule a dream vacation. If you’ve always wanted to visit Europe, make it happen. There’s no time like the present.
6. Try new hobbies. You could take a local acting class. It’s a great way to bring out your playfulness and creativity.
7. Do “that thing” you’ve always wanted to try. What’s on your bucket list? Whether it’s skydiving or mountain climbing, you can make it happen.
Remember, you only get one shot on this planet, so make it count. There’s still time to fulfill your dreams and remedy your mistakes. You don’t want to end up with any regrets down the road. These days, 40 is the new 20, but even better.