How to Spot Scam Websites Selling ED Medications
Ordering drugs from an online pharmacy of questionable repute could put a dent in your wallet and also damage your health. Here are some tips that should help you from falling victim to scam websites.
“If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.” Words to live by if you’re shopping the internet for legitimate online suppliers of prescription medications, especially erectile dysfunction drugs. The latter have been a favorite of disreputable online merchants ever since Viagra made its debut in 1998.
Take a look at the list of prescription drug-selling websites that the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy has found to be “unsafe.” And these are just the ones the NABP is aware of. These sites pop up with unnerving frequency and are almost impossible to track, although the NABP’s list does a yeoman’s job of policing them.
Most Online Viagra Is Fake
According to a recent article posted at BaltimorePostExaminer.com, more than 75 percent of the Viagra sold online is counterfeit. While the allure of cheap Viagra is strong, any savings you might realize is more than counterbalanced by the danger to your health such fake medications pose.
Laboratory analysis of counterfeit Viagra seized by customs authorities worldwide reveals that these ersatz pills often contain drywall material as filler and blue printer ink as a coloring agent. While some of these fakes actually contain some degree of sildenafil citrate, the active ingredient in Viagra, it is often too little to be effective or so high that it could cause serious health problems.
5 Tips for Online Shoppers
So what’s an online shopper to do? Here are five tips on how to separate the wheat from the chaff when shopping for prescription drugs online.
1. Steer clear of online vendors that offer ED drugs at prices far below current market values. Such medications are almost certainly counterfeit.
2. “Just say no” to online pharmacies that claim they can sell you Viagra or any other ED drug without a doctor’s prescription. It should be noted that some reputable online prescription drug services will set you up with a licensed U.S. physician with whom you can exchange information that allows the doctor to determine if you’re an appropriate candidate for the drug. If such a determination is made, a prescription will be authorized. But sites offering to sell you the drugs with no prescription at all are definitely a no-no.
3. Check to see if the online pharmacy lists a verifiable U.S. address, as well as a local phone number that corresponds to that address. Avoid online vendors that offer only a toll-free number.
4. Verify that the online vendor you’re considering has a licensed pharmacist available to answer questions you might have about the medication(s) the website sells.
5. Don’t be fooled into ordering from online websites that claim to be based in Canada or that prominently post images of the Canadian flag. These are illusory devices used by online merchants based in the Far East to coax American customers into ordering drugs they believe are sourced from Canada, our friendly neighbor to the north.
Not All Online Suppliers Are Scams
Even though an overwhelming percentage of online pharmacies are unreliable and even dangerous, you can still find a handful of legitimate online prescription drug services that deal in genuine FDA-approved medications.
One such supplier is eDrugstore.com, which is based in Tempe, Arizona, and has been in business since the late 1990s. It sells a full range of brand-name and generic ED medications, as well as a limited selection of other lifestyle medications.
If you don’t have a doctor’s prescription and can’t seem to fit one into your busy schedule, eDrugstore will arrange a complimentary online consultation with a licensed U.S. doctor who can authorize a prescription if appropriate. Ordering online from eDrugstore also will save you the bother of trips to and from the pharmacy and the time spent waiting for your prescription to be filled.
Every order placed with eDrugstore is fill expeditiously, packaged discreetly, and shipped to the destination of your choice free of charge. As a token of appreciation for your business, eDrugstore encloses a free pill splitter with every first shipment. If you’d like to learn more, visit eDrugstore’s Erectile Dysfunction page to learn more.