A regular program of exercise is among the most beneficial lifestyle choices you can make to positively influence your overall health, including your ability to achieve and sustain an erection suitable for intercourse.
The relatively new field of epigenetics explores how your individual circumstances in life influence which genes in your genetic profile are activated and which are suppressed.
And among the most telling circumstances of your life are the lifestyle choices you make.
Studies have shown that years of adherence to unhealthy lifestyle behaviors can alter the future pathway of your health at the level of the gene.
A man’s erectile function is in many ways a reflection of his overall health. Years of smoking, excessive drinking, unhealthy eating, and a lack of physical activity can eventually lead to a significant decline in your health, which is often presaged by an increase in erection problems. If you fail to heed the early warning provided by symptoms of impotence, you are likely to eventually experience more serious health problems, such as obesity, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes.
What You Can Do Now
Fortunately, ED symptoms do provide a warning that something is amiss. If you take proactive steps to trade your bad lifestyle choices for healthy ones, you may be able to regain normal erectile function and avoid the more serious chronic health conditions that could eventually develop.
An article posted at HealthFitnessRevolution.com offers some helpful recommendations for lifestyle choices that can influence the genetic blueprint for your future health.
- A regular regimen of physical activity “can immediately improve the gene response found in your muscle cells by reprogramming muscle strength and metabolic rate,” according to the HFR article.
- Avoidance of environmental pollutants can minimize the gene-altering effects such pollutants can trigger. These irritants can deactivate the proteins that turn genes on and off, thus triggering aberrant genetic behavior.
- Eating a healthy diet that includes large quantities of fresh fruits and vegetables helps to stave off gene-altering changes that can lead eventually to obesity and diabetes, both of which are chronic conditions closely associated with ED.
- Smoking and chronic exposure to secondhand smoke can cause genetic changes that over time can lead to such serious health problems as cancer and cardiovascular disease. If you smoke, quit as soon as possible, and do your best to avoid exposure to the contaminants in secondhand smoke.
- Reduce your exposure to stress, which has an adverse effect on your overall health and can lead to erection problems.
- Drink alcohol in moderation. Chronic heavy drinking can cause genetic changes that eventually lead to depression, which is one of the primary psychological causes of ED.
ED Drugs Could Provide Added Boost
If you suffer from erection problems and are looking for an added boost to help you enjoy a near-normal sex life, the popular ED drugs such as Viagra and Cialis might provide just what you need. To purchase these medications under current U.S. regulations, you’ll need a prescription, which you can get from your doctor or through a complimentary online consultation available through eDrugstore.com, a reliable online facilitator since the late 1990s. To learn more, click below to visit eDrugstore’s Erectile Dysfunction page. You can also order prescription ED medications like Viagra and Cialis (and their FDA-approved generics) from eDrugstore.com, with unbeatable convenience, discretion, and customer service.
We specialize in providing our over 1,000,000 customers with relevant product and condition information created by our professional editorial staff which includes our team of medical writers, medical practitioners, and health educators. eDrugStore.com Staff on Facebook