8 Tips for Stronger ErectionsMen who have difficulty maintaining a strong erection often find themselves seeking new ways to effectively address the issue of ED. There is a lot of advice out there, so it is difficult to know which tip is the best advice for your situation, and what exactly has been proven to work. So, if the question on your mind is still, “What can I do?” there are some proven tips you can try to maintain a stronger erection.
Eat a healthy, low-fat diet: Eating a healthy diet is important to your body’s sexual function, since it has been proven to maintain a healthy body weight, which is important because men who have a 42-inch waist are 50 percent more likely to have ED than men with a 32-inch waist. Also, remember that obesity increases your risk of developing vascular disease and diabetes, two conditions that contribute to ED. It is suggested that your diet consists of plenty of fruit, veggies, whole grains, and fish, and with fewer servings of red meat and refined grains, to decrease the impact of ED and perhaps help reverse it. Try and eat heart-healthy, plenty of healthy fats, low cholesterol, and even consider certain menu options like those on the Mediterranean diet.
- Reduce your stress: Stress affects the body in a myriad of ways. Studies have shown that high levels of anxiety and work-related stress can be a huge factor in developing ED. Essentially, stress can lead to higher blood pressure and cholesterol — which in turn can lead to heart disease and slower blood flow.
- Find ways to limit sensitivity: One certain way to limit too much stimulation is to wear a condom, which depending on the point in the relationship you are at with your partner, is probably wise advice anyway to prevent sexually transmitted disease or pregnancy.
- Try different positions: Some positions limit blood flow awhile other support it. Finding the right position for you can enhance and maximize the size of your erection. Some men have reported that gravity can help with blood flow, so; a man assuming the top position or standing up can help give you increased blood flow, leading to a better erection.
- Talk to your doctor about medication: This is a two-part discussion. You should have an open conversation about any signs if ED that you are having. There can be many reasons why, some health related, some caused by certain medications you may be taking. Essentially, some drugs lead to erectile dysfunction. If you’re on these types of medications you doctor may be able to adjust your dose or prescribe something else. Your doctor may also prescribe a drug that treats ED, like Viagra. Many people know that Viagra has helped to improve the lives of millions of men suffering from erectile dysfunction, and it is known for being the first FDA approved drug in treating ED. It works by inhibiting an enzyme that breaks down a chemical within the body called cGMP. This chemical relaxes blood vessels, so as long as it remains within the body, the patient’s blood vessels will remain relaxed and experience improved blood flow.
- Have good oral hygiene: That’s is right, brush your teeth and floss every day. Researchers have discovered there is a direct correlation between gum disease and erectile dysfunction. Essentially, gum disease is connected to heart problems and can interfere with proper blood flow within the body. So, good dental hygiene improves blood flow and that is needed for a strong erection.
- Add exercise to your lifestyle: In a study conducted by Australian researchers and published in the May 2014 The Journal of Sexual Medicine, the finding proved that even if medication is required, it’s likely to be more effective if you implement certain lifestyle changes. Essentially, how healthy you are has a big impact on sexual function, especially as you age. Also, work the abdominal muscles with exercises. This will help your abdominal muscles support and hold your erection, as opposed to holding your belly.Being in shape boosts your health and your confidence. Everyone knows that exercise can improve blood flow, and healthy blood flow is essential in getting and maintaining a strong erection. Exercise also improves blood pressure by increasing nitric oxide in your blood vessels, which, is similar to how Viagra works. Weight-bearing exercise can increase the natural production of testosterone, a significant factor in erectile strength and sex drive.”There are many lifestyle changes that can help treat erectile dysfunction, but among them, exercise is the change that can have the greatest impact,” according to Zachary R. Mucher, MD, a board certified urologist in Sugar Land, Texas. “Exercise works on several fronts to combat the development of ED and help reverse it once it has become a problem.”
- Stop smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol: Smoking causes poor blood circulation. Drinking too much alcohol can inflate your prostate and tends to interfere with maintaining a strong erection and sensation in the penis.
Is Viagra Right for You?
Male impotency is a common condition that affects at least one-third of men at some point during their lifetime. Viagra successfully treats this condition in most men with the medical field calls a PDE5 inhibitor, which works by relaxing the muscles in the penis, allowing the vessels to dilate and fill with blood. This results in improved blood flow, facilitating an erection once you become sexually aroused.
Clinical trials show that Viagra (sildenafil) is effective for up to 80 percent of men and its safety and effectiveness have been well proven since it was first approved by the FDA in 1998. It works regardless of age, or the length of time you have experienced male impotence, even if it has been for several years.
According to one report, Viagra has improved the quality of life and relationships for countless men who suffer from male impotence. It is also affordable, since most health insurance policies cover the prescription.
There are many contributing factors for experiencing erectile dysfunction. It may be your age, whether you have a specific health condition that’s affecting your ability to get and maintain an erection, or you are experiencing stress, anxiety, or relationship problems. Typically the first line of treatment, with the fastest results, is prescription ED medication.
If your doctor determines Viagra is right for you, you may wonder how you will fill that prescription. You could get your prescription filled at your local pharmacy, but some people prefer to order it online, because of the convenience and privacy. You can do this by seeking a highly-trusted, FDA-licensed, online store like eDrugstore.com. There you will only find brand name Viagra, manufactured in the United States by Pfizer, Inc. Since 1998, eDrugstore.com has helped more than 500,000 customers gain access to prescription medications like those for male impotence.