Even well-trained medical personnel can have difficulty distinguishing counterfeit erectile dysfunction medications from the real thing. To protect yourself from fake drugs, make online purchases only from reputable online facilitators such as eDrugstore.com.
Longtime online facilitator eDrugstore.com works to educate the public about counterfeit pills. While the Arizona-based company is a trusted supplier of FDA-approved medications, the internet is awash in questionable websites that purport to be selling authentic erectile dysfunction medications such as Viagra, Levitra, and Cialis. In fact, however, the medications they supply are often counterfeit and potentially hazardous to your health.
Here, courtesy of eDrugstore, are some tips that hopefully can help you avoid falling victim to counterfeit medications:
What’s in Counterfeit ED Pills?
Health experts have tested some so-called ED medications that were bought online. While these pills looked similar to the real deal, they actually contained ingredients like crushed wall board, blue printer ink, rat poison, and boric acid.
Not only do counterfeits put a dent in your personal finances, but the ersatz ingredients in these fake pills also can be dangerous to your health, aggravate underlying conditions, or interact with your current medications.
How Can I Spot a Fake?
Spotting a fake isn’t easy; even health experts can have difficulty distinguishing fake drugs from the real thing. But here are a few tips that might help:
- Make sure the pill is the right color and shape. If you’ve never taken the medication before, look it up online and compare the pictures with your medication. Or, if you have a sample from your doctor’s office, compare the two. If anything looks different, do not take the medication.
- Check for pill imprints. Again, turn to the internet and look up the imprints that should be on pills like Viagra and Cialis. Viagra, for example, has Pfizer printed on one size and the dosage printed on the other. If either of these imprints are missing or don’t look right, it’s probably counterfeit.
- Make sure all pills are uniform. Check the supply of medication that you received. Are all the pills the same size and shape? If some pills are a little thicker or a little wider, you’re probably looking at a bottle of fake pills.
How to Avoid Bad Sites
- Don’t use sites that come from unsolicited email ads. Legitimate online pharmacies do not use this method to get new customers.
- Look for a reputable online facilitator. A lot of prescription websites look real, but make sure the site you order from has a U.S. address, a customer service line, references, and an “About Us” page.
- Deal only with online suppliers that list a U.S. telephone number that you can call with questions about the medications being sold. Call to confirm there’s a real person to help you at the other end of the line.
- Watch the price. If they’re offering Viagra or any other ED drug for a price that’s unrealistically low, it’s a good indication that what’s being sold is not the real thing.
Ordering from eDrugstore
Ordering erectile dysfunction medications from eDrugstore.com ensures that you’re getting genuine FDA-approved medications that have been sourced exclusively from licensed U.S. pharmacies. In business since the late 1990s, eDrugstore offers a full range of brand-name drugs, including Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, and Stendra, as well as generic equivalents of Viagra and Cialis. To learn more, visit eDrugstore’s Erectile Dysfunction page.
We specialize in providing our over 675,000 customers with relevant product and condition information created by our professional editorial staff which includes our team of medical writers, medical practitioners, and health educators. eDrugStore.com Staff on Facebook