While it may be easy to write off the occasional missed erection, you may be doing yourself a disservice down the line. Here are five things you should know if you’re finding it hard to achieve an erection.
5. Research conducted at the Australian National University found that men suffering from serious erection problems have a higher risk of heart disease and early death.
4. The most common underlying health condition related to serious erection problems is diabetes- between 35% and 50% of men with diabetes experience difficulty achieving an erection.
3. Research has found that one out of every four newly diagnosed men with erection problems is under 40.
2. Younger patients were also more likely to smoke and use drugs and they were more likely to experience premature ejaculation too.
1. Erection problems can be psychogenic. Occasional failure is more likely at the beginning of a relationship, particularly if a man is anxious. The problem tends to subside as the man becomes more confident, but this is not always the case. If the problem is psychological, a couple sessions of psychotherapy can help.